Monday, July 27 - August 21
We will be posting on our Facebook page.
We hope you will participate and tell your friends!
The NYS theme is IMAGINE YOUR STORY.
- Record your summer reading through READsquared.
- Watch ONLINE STORY CORNER videos by Terry.
- Take a JOURNEY WITH JOURNEY! and Terry.
- Get ideas for summer activities that you can do at home.
- Keep your kids reading and prevent the "summer slide" (studies show kids lose as much as 2-3 months of math and reading skills over the summer).
For families missing our storytime programs, we are posting STORYTIME on our HML Facebook page.
We would like to thank all of the publishers that are allowing libraries to read their books through online storytime programs. (Storytime video links will expire. This timeframe varies by publisher.)
Our goal continues to be a focus on early literacy by helping children build a strong foundation for learning, and encouraging a lifelong love of reading.
Journey is an 8-month-old Australian labradoodle dog in training. He loves being read to. With many of us having to put travel plans on hold this summer, it is a perfect time to take a virtual trip with Journey as he explores our wonderful world through books. Come along and see new places through the eyes of a puppy! Find Journey on our Facebook page.
Online Registration for our Summer Reading Program - for individuals and families with READING RECORDS, activities, book lists, challenges, and more.
- Register online at READsquared.
- Parents, you can create an account first to easily monitor your children's activity.
- Track your reading - log in and track your reading to earn points.
- Keep reading! Earn a completion certificate once you've completed the program.