The Heermance Memorial Library will return to CURBSIDE PICK -UP ONLY effective Tuesday, December 8, 2020
The Library Board of Trustees and Library Director Catherine Benson decided Monday (12/7/2020) to suspend in-person services in response to the uptick in COVID-19 cases in the county. The Heermance Memorial Library closed in March, shortly after the first cases of novel coronavirus were reported in Greene County. Eventually, we offered curbside service starting June 29th, then began limited in-person service September 8th. AS OF TUESDAY DECEMBER 8TH, WE ARE RETURNING TO CURBSIDE SERVICE.
How does pick-up work?
- Request your materials and when items are ready we’ll email you.
- Give us a call to let us know when you’ll arrive, and we’ll have your materials ready on the side porch.
- No cell phone? No problem! Just call when you’re leaving and we’ll be ready for you.
- To place holds on materials, visit the online catalog available at heermancelibrary.org. Patrons should log in with their card numbers and pins to browse or search materials, and to place holds. To call to place a hold, or for questions about placing holds, call 518-731-8084.
How can I return materials?
- Fines and fees for overdue or lost library materials can be paid online or in exact change in an envelope or bag with the patron’s name and library card number included at curbside pickup.
- Returned library materials will be accepted only through book drop on the side porch.
What are we doing to make sure people are as safe as possible?
- Returned items will be kept in quarantine as advised by the CDC.
- Staff will be wearing gloves and masks. Curbside pickup service is contactless.
- Patrons are asked to continue social distancing and not approach library staff during curbside pickups. Patrons also are encouraged to wear a mask.
- Patrons will not be allowed to enter the library at this time, and we thank you for your understanding.
Catherine Benson, Director